Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Golden Afternoon


I love autumn! It is my favorite season for many reasons, but mostly because of the weather and the trees. My favorite days are gray & rainy and my second favorite days are sunny & cool, so you can see that autumn weather is perfect for me. We have had some really nice weather so far this fall and are starting to move from sunny & cool to more gray & rainy. At the very end of a pleasantly gray day, the sun shone brilliantly for about five minutes just before it would begin to set. The sky around our house was still the steel blue & dark gray of storms (my favorite color of sky), but when the sunlight touched the trees & grass the whole scene was awash in Technicolor brilliance. Against the dark sky, the colors were bright in greens, golds and reds. It took my breath away when I saw it through the rain spotted window, so I went outside to get a better look. It was amazing! These photos do a great job of capturing the essence of the colors, but trust that they were even more spectacular in the moment: a perfect autumn afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment