Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Washcloths Are Friends

While on our Disney vacation, the maid created a washcloth friend for Kyrie. Of course, Kyrie had to keep her new best friend, and since she didn't get a stuffed animal from Disney we obliged her. We left a nice tip for the maid and packed Fuzziwinkles in the suitcase.

I knew that Fuzziwinkles who was made entirely out of washcloths, rubber bands and stickers would not long endure the love & play of a 5 year old girl. So, we headed to the craft store so that I could get supplies to better ensure her survival: thread, buttons and ribbon. Kyrie chose yellow thread and ribbons, and I loved that we found the little face button kits.

It took me almost an entire evening to sew Fuzziwinkles together and add the button faces. I wrapped all the rubber bands in ribbons and then stitched the ribbons to the washcloths. I already know that I will need to add a few stitches here and there as time goes by, but for now Fuzziwinkles is fortified, and Kyrie is happy with her new friend's makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment