Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tuna Casserole Deconstructed

This semi-deconstructed tuna casserole is an idea I got while dining at Disney World. It was really delicious, and I knew it was something I had to try when we got home. I used a tuna steak dipped in egg and then coated it with finely crushed potato chips. Then I pan-fried it with some olive oil until golden brown. The noodles were basically prepared as you would prepare a tuna casserole (minus the tuna). I used red bell pepper, fresh mushrooms and peas then added (good ol') cream of mushroom soup and shredded cheese and seasoned to taste. Everyone liked it, including Kyrie who usually doesn't like tuna casserole.

I only had enough tuna steak for one meal preparation, but had plenty of noodles leftover. So, a few days later I just added a couple pouches of tuna, sprinkled on some crushed chips and popped it in the oven for a classic tuna casserole. It was so good that it didn't even seem like leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment