Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Dance

 This week, Kyrie started her summer dance classes. It had been only a month since she had a week of dance camp, so imagine my surprise when we pulled out her dance shoes and neither fit. Ack! I was able to loosen the laces on the slippers and get her feet in them, but the tap shoes were a total wash. Well, actually, I got them on her feet, but they were too tight so that she only made it the few steps from me to her classroom where the teacher took them off of her.

 This weekend we had to head out to two children's resale shops in search of shoes. I was able to find a pair of tap shoes, but not a single ballet slipper even close to her size. Ugh! Alas, this is the problem with buying dance shoes from the resale shops (though you certainly can't beat the prices). Luckily, we found cloth slippers (as opposed to the leather-ette) at Payless on sale for $4. I couldn't believe that they were so cheap (regularly priced $20). We bought a pair for now and a pair for later. I think that she'll need a leather pair for performance, but the cloth will do very nicely for practice. She was so excited to have slippers that fit that she wanted to wear them so she could dance in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment