Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seeing Green

 It's only been a few weeks, but our tomato plants have grown large in the heat & humidity of those weeks. Darren told me that as he was leaving the house earlier this week, he saw a doe and her two fawns in our front yard. He was struck by their graceful beauty in the early morning light. Then he saw the mother turn and start to nibble on a tomato plant, and he quickly rolled down the car window and hollered at them to 'git.'
 We have lots of happy, green tomatoes like these big boys!
 The nearby Roma tomato plant is not nearly as big, but the fruit looks gorgeous!
This pepper plant is one of our smallest, but it has these large peppers hanging off it. I think they are just about ready to bring inside!
These are the cherry tomatoes, which look so pretty in their viney clusters. And what a happy surprise to find just under these clumps, but a small group of red, ripe cherry tomatoes just ready to pick! I had to pick one right then and there and pop it in my mouth. My goodness, I had forgotten what a tomato is supposed to taste like! I'm not sure if these sweet, little beauties are going to make into the kitchen or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment