Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, June 3, 2011

Together Again

 Living far away from our families is not always easy and it makes me grateful for the times when we can be together. I am thankful to my husband who never questions where we will be spending the two holiday weekends on either side of our summers. I am thankful to my family who makes plans and travels so that we can all be together again. Our visits are simple, filled with lots of hugs and catching up. This Memorial Day weekend was extra-special because my brother Ryan and his fiancee Jen drove down from New Hampshire.
 My cousin Danny surprised us by bringing the racecar he built. We all gathered outside to take a look at his speed machine! It is like no other car I have ever seen, and I am very proud of my cousin!



 We were even more excited that Danny brought our new baby, cousin Daniel Patrick! He was a sweet, little guy! Kyrie fell in love with him almost immediately! (She reminds me of me as a girl, I was attracted to babies like a bee to flowers!)

 We celebrated two, very special occasions during this visit: my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary (3/17) and my grandfather's 80th birthday (4/2). I am grateful for every opportunity we have to be with these two amazing people! I am often overcome with the love I have for them.

 Kyrie was over-the-moon happy to spend time with her Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jen! She cried when the day ended because we would be leaving the next. She pleaded for us to stay in Virginia, and when I told her that her aunt & uncle would be leaving for their home in New Hampshire when we left, she said that we could move to New Hampshire instead. I am saddened that my children don't get to spend a lot of time with our extended family. Thankfully, we are making plans to visit New Hampshire this fall when Ryan and Jen get married!

The birthday buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment