Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still Our Little Man

Today was Degen's Two-Year Check-Up. We found out that he has a double-ear infection. In the past, I have wondered if he was having issues with his ears because when he wakes during the night, he will often have his fingers in them like they are itchy or something. BUT he rarely runs a temperature, and even when he does it always resolves itself within hours to a day or two, so I have never taken the incidents to the doctor. We have the absolute BEST pediatrician ever because as I was apologizing for not realizing the situation, she gave me an "Oh, I've done it before. Don't worry about it." (Seriously, she is just awesome: she never gives unsolicited advice, never questions my parenting or makes me doubt that I'm doing just what I should be doing, loves my kids, encourages & supports us without fail.) She gave us a prescription (Degen's first) for Amoxicillin, and I hope that he is feeling better soon... and please, please sleeping through the night again(could this be one of the reasons he's such a bad sleeper?!?).





Height:
33"
(15%-ile)

Weight:
22 1/2 lbs
(< 3%-ile)

1 Vaccination
Flu-Mist




Despite the ear infection, Degen is active, healthy and (generally) happy! Though he remains small for his age group, he is progressing just as he should in all areas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment