Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Boy!

I made both of my kiddos foam birthday crowns for their first birthdays. They wear their crowns every year on their birthdays, and it is great to see how they have changed from the previous year(s).
Here is our birthday boy! He was so excited to wear his birthday crown this year (a change from last year). He would excitedly point at it on his shelf and say, "burp-bay, burp-bay." He wore his special crown for a lot of the day!


Degen's First Birthday! He looks so grown up in the picture above!


As soon as I took this picture, I knew that I was going to love it for its symbolism: my baby boy another year older running (too) quickly towards the future! Such an exciting moment so full of hope and promise: where will he go? what will he find? what will he do? And yet bittersweet, too, as he moves away from his momma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment