Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Butter Chicken

Seriously, how do you not make a recipe named "Butter Chicken"? I found this recipe in the Penzey's Spice Catalog. My mother turned me onto Penzey's after she sent me a box full of curry spices for Christmas last year. They sell high quality spices of every type imaginable... did you even know that there were like 5 different kinds of cinnamon?! It is easy to get hooked on Penzey's after you start cooking, and more especially, eating the food with their spices. Delicious!
Back to my Butter Chicken. I was unfamiliar with this Indian dish, so I think it might be more Anglo-Indian, but no less delicious. The procedure for preparing the dish was not, in my experiences learning to cook at the elbows of Indian friends, authentic, so I, of course, changed the preparation. The recipe does call for a whole stick of butter... so rich! Like most Indian dishes, this dish does not have to be spicy. It calls for a sweet curry powder and you can exclude the peppers for a mild dish. I served it over rice with Naan (traditional, Indian flatbread) for scooping. Darren loved it, even in its milder form. I will definitely make this again! This was the perfect dinner at the end of a cold, icy day!



1 comment:

  1. I made Penzey's Butter Chicken this week, and it was so yummy, easy, too and not terribly expensive. We vowed to eat it again soon.

    ReplyDelete