Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Our first 'real' snowfall was last Sunday, and it instantly put me in a wonderful, Christmas-y mood! It has been quite cold for the past few weeks, and since last Sunday we have had some kind of snowfall almost every day.


I love the snow! I love how it covers everything and makes the world seem so quiet and clean and pure, for the few moments before the snow is turned over and the roads and sidewalks turn to a slushy gray.






 Of course, I would enjoy the snow much more if I was just watching it through my window while sipping on a cup of hot cocoa. Getting around in the snow with two kids in tow can be a messy pain. Slushy, grimy snow gets everywhere and it is terrible trying to push a stroller or a grocery cart in snow.



 I am grateful that we had the foresight to buy a snow plow for the lawn tractor. Darren was able to plow the driveway in less than 30 minutes (and it's a big driveway). During the week, I went out and shoveled the sidewalks again. The snowfall had been light, so it was enjoyable to be out there in the crisp air of a quiet evening with only the crunch of the snow and the scrape of the shovel. I instantly felt peaceful, the kind of peace that only seems to come when the world is covered in snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment