Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmasmorgasbord

Generally, Christmas is a cook-free day at our house because Momma deserves a holiday, too! The best idea is to snack as we please throughout the day. 
On Christmas Eve, I sent Darren to our Giant Eagle Marketplace, which is regular grocery store surrounded by an enormous fresh food market. There is freshly prepared food of every kind, a fabulous bakery, candy shop, huge meat & fish market, cheese shop with olive, oil & vinegar bars. I don't do my grocery shopping there (I'm a Kroger gal), but when we have coupons I like to go and find special treats for us to share. I knew that Darren, who rarely to never goes food shopping, would enjoy picking out his favorite things.
On Christmas morning, Darren headed to the kitchen to put together a delicious smorgasbord of the meat, cheeses & fruit he got on his trip! It was wonderful! Between Santa gifts and unwrapping presents, we gathered around the table to eat! 




No comments:

Post a Comment