Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Out My Window

I really like our yard and our neighborhood! I love all the trees, the birds, the animals and the wide open space. A few evenings ago, the glowing orange of the sunset came streaming through the windows. When I looked out I saw that millions of snowflakes were dancing in its embers. I tried to capture the moment, but it is hard to see the tiny snowflakes in the scene. Still, the winter sunset is beautiful!
 After days & days with highs only in the 20s, we have had a brief warm-up with highs in the upper-30s and lower-40s. In the backyard, a large flock of birds gathered to find bugs & worms in the moist grass. There were hundreds of them. They would land and begin to chatter & feed only to be startled and take off altogether in a whirling dance to safety in the trees. After a few moments, they would again descend. The picture below captured their descent.
 Here is just one portion of the yard where they landed to feed.
 Frankie was very interested in the bustle of birds outside the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment