Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, May 20, 2013

Piano Recital 2013


This was Kyrie's second piano recital with The Conservatory of Piano. She started lessons two years ago. This was Degen's first piano recital, and he started lessons almost one year ago. We chose an early date for the recital this year, as we thought that we would be traveling at the start of June (we will not be). That meant less time for the kids to get their songs practiced and memorized. This was a little more stressful for me, but they did a great job. I love how the recital helps them to focus and realize the importance of practice. Degen performed "Baa, Baa Black Sheep," and Kyrie performed "Witch on a Super-Speed Broom." Both kids went into the recital with their pieces well-rehearsed and memorized, though not always played without error. 

 Degen performed during the first half of the show, and I was really nervous for him. Well, my little man walked right on that stage, sat down and just played his song. It wasn't perfect, but he played it without any major errors. He was one of the youngest performers and probably the littlest. You could hear the crowd kinda croon when he walked on stage. When he was done and took his bow, everyone gave him a really good cheer! I just about started to cry, I was so proud of him! 





I thought I had everything prepped on the camera when Kyrie walked on stage, but for some reason the camera froze and I was trying like a madwoman to get the thing to record. Thankfully, it started working right after she started, and I was able to get nearly all of her piece, but I didn't get a single decent still of her on stage during the performance. Shucks! Luckily, we were able to go up on stage afterwards and both kids replayed their songs and posed for pics. They had some punch & cookies before we went out to eat and grabbed celebratory ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment