Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, May 3, 2013

JKSquared Wedding


Jack & Jessica were married on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at St. Boniface Church in West Point, Nebraska. The day started out cloudy and cool, but as we neared the church the sun broke through and the gray clouds cleared to reveal a clear, blue sky! After my hair appointment, I headed to the church with Jess & her parents, leaving the kids & Darren at the hotel (they would take a charter bus to the church later). We dressed & prepped, and when the kids arrived I got them ready to go. They didn't too much like the waiting, but soon enough the wedding was starting. Everything... absolutely everything was beautiful! (If you are on Facebook, there are more photos of the entire wedding. For privacy's sake, this blog entry has photos of our family.)


Our darling duo! Degen's nervousness came out as seriousness, and Kyrie's was represented as a mindful, mother-hen making sure that Degen was doing just what he should. We had spoken with them often in the preceding weeks & days about their jobs at the wedding. They took their responsibilities very seriously, wanting to make this a special day for their Aunt Jess & Uncle Jack. 


Here comes the bride! Jack was the sweetest bridegroom! He stood with his best friend and sister.

Our kiddos did a great job walking down the aisle. Several people commented on Degen's seriousness!






I tried my best not to cry & cry & cry. The ceremony was sweet  and funny and touching. Here's me trying to hold back my tears as they say their vows. 

A blessing! Though I am sure he would have behaved, Degen fell asleep soon after he took his seat and slept  right through the wedding mass. Darren looked over at him right as his head started to nod, and he caught it so he could keep sleeping.

My goodness! This was a long day in a long week of travel! We made it back to the room for a few minutes to freshen up before photos and cocktail hour. Darren's eyes were closed before he hit the mattress. Wake up, sleepyhead! 

A random photo of my hair. It was very pretty! 


I wish that I had more photos of the cocktail hour and reception. Sigh... after all the busyness and excitement of the day, I let myself be carried away on happiness and a few champagne cocktails! Dinner was delicious, the toasts were touching. The first dances reduced me to tears.... and tears and tears. We ate and danced and talked and danced.... and danced! It was an amazing party and a great end to a wonderful day!



Jack & Jess, we wish you a lifetime of happiness! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment