Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Who You Callin' Shrimp?!

 I found a great deal on jumbo tiger shrimp at the grocery store this week. I bought up two packages of the biggest, plumpest shrimp I had ever seen. It was still a splurge, but way cheaper than we ever would have paid for this kind of quality meal at a restaraunt. We decided that we would have shrimp-feast and divided the shrimp into three different dishes: steamed, grilled & sauteed.
 The steamed shrimp was the most tender. I salted the water and added some fresh basil leaves. The flavor was very delicate.
 I melted butter and added fresh, minced garlic and green onion for the sauteed shrimp. These shrimp were the tastiest- who can resist melted garlic butter?!?
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of the shrimp that Darren grilled. We buttered, salted & peppered the grilled shrimp and it tasted the best with cocktail sauce. We had grilled mushrooms, zucchini, croissants and fresh strawberries. This meal was a real treat and absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment