Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Door to Door


The contractors have finished upstairs and are almost finished downstairs. There are a few places left that need to be worked on, including several built-in shelves/cupboards.

New baseboards
 Our woodworking contractor has been here bright & early 5-6 days every week for the past month. We try our best to work around each other, and the kids' activities get us out of the house for several hours each day. However... after working out last week I jumped in the bath to clean up before we left the house. All was well until Degen wanted to come into visit. "Close the door, Degen." He did, but then he was in & out bringing in toys to show me. Each time I reminded, "Close the door, Degen." And more insistent, "Close the door!" Then I hear heavy footfalls on the steps, and I pile up his names and my insistence becomes slightly frantic, "Close the door, Degen Richard Aurelius Coble!" I pull the curtain across the tub and hear from the hallway, "I'll go work downstairs." Poor Mike, our contractor. I stuck my head into the garage later to apologize to him. Then he chuckled that maybe he should get the handle & lock on that door. By that afternoon, the bathroom door had its new handle!
New door with hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment