Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Apple Pie Popsicles


We were spoiled with a fantastic gift this month: a Zoku Quick Pop Maker. (Thank you, Aunt Jess & Uncle Jack!) It has a base you freeze and then when you add your ingredients they freeze within minutes. This allows me to make simple popsicles at whim or put together more elaborate creations like layered dessert popsicles!
Looking for the perfect dessert to go with our all-American dinner of BBQ ribs, corn on-the-cob and fresh watermelon, I used my Zoku to make Apple Pie a la Mode popsicles. The recipe was: sweetened milk base (I used milk & caramel flavored creamer), sweetened, cinnamon applesauce and graham crackers. I added a layer, waited a few minutes for it to set and then added another layer. It took about 30 minutes for me to make 4 popsicles. It was a little messy, or maybe I am just messy, but it was very easy. They don't look quite as pretty as the picture in the recipe book, but they were just as delicious... maybe more?!?

Silly girl! She ate her popsicle and then ate most of Darren's popsicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment