Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, August 15, 2014

Veggie Good!

Degen sorting the vegetables he harvested with Darren.

We got the garden in late after a long, cold winter and this summer has been cool & mild. So only bit-by-bit have we been pulling in crop this year. So far, we have gotten peppers, cukes, squash and cherry tomatoes. When I can...well, I can! 






This is my third or fourth year, and I am still trying to work out a dill pickle recipe that I really love. I tweaked a recipe this year and the result is juts about right. 


Kyrie processing cukes for dill relish.



An alternate version of our dill relish.


Last year, I made a sweet & sour pepper sauce with our abundance of peppers. This year, I found a recipe for pickled Italian vegetables and turned it into an Italian garden relish. 

Degen processing mixed vegetables for our Italian Garden Relish.



Italian Garden Relish

No comments:

Post a Comment