Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, August 15, 2014

Riders' Camp at Liberty Farm


Sent our darling girl off for her first all-day camp this week! I don't think I was quite sure, but it was the riders' camp at the barn, and she wanted to do this more than anything else this summer. So, I cleared the calendar and packed her lunch each morning before getting her up and ready to go. And she loved it. One afternoon at pick-up, the head of the barn (Kathy) stopped me to tell me about Kyrie's private lesson that day. She had struggled with keeping her arms strong and the reins together, but she was able to pull it together. Kathy told me that camp is often a defining moment for these kids, showing the instructors and the parents who really wants to stick with it  and progress after full days of riding and chores around the barn. I can say that Kyrie loved it every day. Even though it wasn't what she had imagined it to be, she came home every day having had a good day. She enjoyed her time in the barn and with the horses, and she is looking forward to continuing her regular lessons next week and into the fall. Thank you to all the barn instructors for a great week!

These photos are from the final afternoon when parents could come and watch their riders show off what they had worked on during the week. 





Kyrie with Ms. Colleen who has worked with her since she was on lead-line! We are grateful for Ms. Colleen!


I am just including the above photo because it is something that is very 'me' and that Darren thinks is crazy! I made this simple chart for Kyrie to choose what she wanted for lunch each day. She filled it out the night before, and it made it very easy for me to quickly put together her lunch each morning (usually before I had to wake her up). Organization makes me happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment