Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, August 15, 2014

Camp Degen: Day 2


Day 2 of Camp Degen was a last-minute play date & lunch with some of our friends before we had to head towards gymnastics. On the way, we stopped at a beautiful cemetery that Degen had asked to visit on previous drives. Honestly, I am not a macabre or dark person, but I do love cemeteries. I find them peaceful. And surrounded by monuments honoring the departed I find them filled with love. I prefer older cemeteries for the sense of history, and this particular cemetery was filled with both old & new headstones. It was a picture-perfect afternoon for a walk. We talked about the headstones we saw and how much the people were loved. Degen liked the headstones decorated with flowers & figurines. He would run ahead then call me to come see a headstone that he found. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we look forward to going back again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment