Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 6, 2012

Rocket Dogs


We had rocket dogs for dinner one night during our transportation/space unit. We spent the whole unit talking about objects in outer space, and Kyrie did a super job naming almost all the planets in our solar system, as well as several other space-related things. The kids got a real kick out of this fancy pigs-in-a-blanket dinner!
I made our rocket dogs by mixing up a batch of biscuit mix biscuits. I flattened out my dough into a circle and cut it into 4 equal parts that looked like triangles. Then I put a hot dog & a piece of cheese on each piece of dough and cut slits at the bottom of the dough triangle so that I could fold up the two sides of dough around the hot dog and keep a portion a the bottom for the rocket's fins. Ketchup (& mustard, if they'll eat it) gave the illusion of the rockets fire power and I added a pickle chip (held on with ketchup) as a window.
Rocket dog flying to planet Mustard!

No comments:

Post a Comment