Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Eyes Have It

Kyrie had her eyes dilated as part of her exam. Here she is getting ready to go outside in the sunshine!
Last Friday, I took the kids in for their eye exams. We are lucky to have found a fantastic optometrist who takes such great care of all our eyes. I am always impressed by the friendliness of the office staff and the time & attention Dr. Blake takes in conducting a thorough eye exam, even when her young patients are not being the most cooperative. Last year, Dr. Blake had expressed some concern with what she saw during Kyrie's eye exam, but it was nothing she thought required remedy at the time. This year, however, she found that Kyrie's vision would need some correction, in part due to an astigmatism.
I felt prepared for the news after last year's appointment and seeing how Kyrie did on her eye exam this year. Although, I wish that she had perfect vision (in a perfect life with perfect behavior and all good things.... alas, life is not a fairy tale), I put on my happiest, most excited face when I told her that she got to pick out her very own glasses. I could tell that she was skeptical about wearing glasses since she knows very few kids her age who wear them, but she picked up on my excitement and after trying on a few pairs decided on some cute, pink frames. Now she can't wait for them to be ready and asks me daily if we will be picking them up today.
She will need to wear her glasses full-time, and I have to admit that I get a little teary-eyed when I think about how they will make my baby girl look different... more grown up.

Our beautiful, little girl in her brand new frames!


No comments:

Post a Comment