Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yule Logs

Degen decorating his Buche de Noel. There is a tear on his face because I stopped him from eating the roll before we decorated it.

Every year at Christmastime (and for almost every homeschool unit I plan) there are more super-cute activities than we ever have time to do. I am always thinking of one more thing I would like to do with the kids. Going over Kyrie's French words for Noel, I had an idea to make buches de Noel or Yule Logs. Buches de Noel are traditional holiday desserts in France and former French colonies. They are iced and frosted sponge cakes decorated to look like logs complete with snow, candy flora & fauna. Being the simple-momma that I am I was looking for an easy way to make these and that meant a box of Swiss cake rolls, canned frosting for snow, M&M mushrooms and candy decorations. This activity was quick and easy and the kids loved it just as much or more than anything I would have done homemade. We were able to squeeze this quick & tasty treat in between activities. We will definitely have to do this one again next year!

Kyrie was very excited about her Buche de Noel.

Momma's example. The kids gobbled theirs up before I was able to get any good pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment