Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, December 16, 2011

Elves at Work


We have been hard at work on our family Christmas presents these past two weeks. I am not going to post all of my pics until after Christmas because I don't want to ruin the surprise, but here are a few not too revealing photos of Kyrie & Degen working on part of the gifts. They did a great job!



 Last year, preparing for Christmas gifts was super-fun and easy, but this year was a bit more of a struggle. Last year, I had most of the work done in September and everything was ready to go just right after Thanksgiving. This year... not so much. We didn't decide on a gift project until October-November and then with travel and our usual busyness I didn't get things ordered, gathered and planned for as I should have. I also started to get sick before Thanksgiving and was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis. Not feeling well totally zapped my motivation and drained my Christmas spirit. (Weeks later and I'm still not at 100% and all my coughing caused me to pull some muscles in my ribs & back). So, the first few weeks of December saw us filling up all our free time (of which we have little) with work on our gift project.



Still, in spite of my lack of planning and our overall lack of time, we were able to get the kids working and everything organized to make Christmas gifts that we are all really proud of this year! A few busy-busy weeks, work sessions whenever we could fit them in and a few late nights for Mommy to get it all put together and everything turned out great! Check back after Christmas for a description of this year's gift project and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment