Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eggs Benedict

I like for our meals to have a lot of variety, so much so that I decided to borrow from the breakfast menu for one dinner this week. I prepared Eggs Benedict, a recipe that I have not used before. This was my first time poaching eggs (I chose to poach them in the oven- very easy!), and we really liked how well they turned out even though I will cook them a little less next time. I made a cheesy hollandaise sauce that was more to Darren's liking than what I usually prepare (I prefer a more mustard-y sauce). The more subtle sauce really allowed you to taste the other flavors. We both added hot sauce to the dish before we ate it for a little extra kick. And since I rarely make breakfast, I will definitely be keeping this on the dinner menu. Delicious!


 
(It looks like a lot, but it's a dinner portion.)


So, I don't really do separate meals for the kids (unless we're doing something very spicy), instead I will often just deconstruct what I am serving and keep it simple for them. Typically kids appreciate simple, especially when it comes to food. However, Kyrie decided that she wanted her dinner to look more like ours, so she made her own version. She was very proud of it and asked me to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment