Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cute Kitty Break

Our kittens are getting so big! But they are still completely adorable! I couldn't resist snapping several photos of Franklin napping this week. He looks super-duper cuddly! Man, oh man are they living the life!


On another cat-related note, I have to mention my darling Gypsy Rose Leigh. She is our oldest cat whom we have had to sequester in the utility room for the past several months because of issues she has had due to renal failure. Thankfully, she is still eating (she gets spoonfuls of canned cat food several times a day) and had a good report from the vet in December. However, she is alarmingly thin and has become unable to groom herself very well. I called the vet in tears this week, alarmed that I was being negligent of her condition (she is also FIV positive). I didn't get a definitive answer from the vet as they told me that it can be very difficult to tell if a cat is in pain. We take it as a good sign that she is interested whenever someone goes into the room, jumping down to meow for pets & treats. Still, I am painfully aware that her time left is short. She is a wonderful cat, and I have been so very blessed to have her as a companion for almost 15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment