Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 4, 2013

Roller Skating!

I hate that this turned out fuzzy, but it was the best photo I had of my baby boy skating! He was good!

We got an invitation to a roller skating party! Kyrie had just been asking about ice skating, so she was super-excited to go! The whole family went, and we all got roller skates. I debated not getting skates because they would let you go out on the floor with your kids in your street shoes, but there was just something about that would floor and that loud music that made me have to get some wheels on my feet. Degen took to it right away, and I think it was easier because he had the toddler skates, which don't roll much at all. He was out there and just skating. Kyrie had real skates, and she struggled. Darren & I both went around with her a few times before getting her a "skate-mate," which is awesome. It is basically a kid-size walker that lets the kids roll & skate by themselves. It allowed Kyrie to get out there and practice and get the feel for the skates without worrying about falling (which still happened a couple of times). I have only been on roller skates a handful of times, but I really like it and didn't fall, though I came close a few times. A kid fell and slid into me once, and I literally did the whole bend backward, forward and arms windmilling thing with one thought flashing in my head, "I am SO old, if I fall there could be serious damage." Yes, I realize that I am not that old, but in my head (surrounded) by jelly-limbed kids bouncing off the wood floor, I was an old woman with brittle bones. Anyway... I didn't fall. Darren, I must say, can skate. Man, oh man, my man can roller skate, and I don't know why, but I was not expecting it and I just thought that was all kinds of hot. 


So, we had a GREAT time! The birthday party was fun, and we can't wait to go back for more skating and Kyrie wants her birthday party at the skate rink next year. It was hard to get good pics of skating. I wasn't sure on my wheeled-feet and the environment has a lot of factors like movement and lighting that just made it hard to get a lot of pics, but here are a few (sorta) good ones




Here is my proof that I was actually roller skating, though in my mind's eye I looked a lot cooler than this picture makes me appear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment