Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 4, 2013

Gingerbread House


It has been nearly a month since I last posted (oops!), and the worst of it is that I hadn't even caught the blog up on holiday posts. So, I am going back to January, New Year's Day specifically. We had a completely uneventful New Year's Eve. It just isn't our thing. But we did have a very fun New Year's Day. We played games and watched movies and had lots of yummy snacks. NanaMAC had sent us a lovely pre-Christmas box full of books & crafts for the kids. She also included a gingerbread house pan. I was really excited for this, as the kids had asked to make a gingerbread house, but I didn't really have the time/patience to actually put something together. This was super-easy! I just mixed up some gingerbread batter and poured it into the pan to bake. It turned out more cake-like than what you would have with traditional gingerbread (which suited me). I added some frosting and the kids decorated using candy.





No comments:

Post a Comment