Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, January 7, 2011

No More Monkeying Around

Sleep has always been an interesting subject where Degen is concerned. I think that in his almost-two years he has slept through the night maybe once. His best nights, he's only up once or twice and sleeps until close to 7:00. On his worst nights, he has been up eight times or more and awake for the day at 5:00.
Recently, he has all but given up his daytime naps, sleeping for 30 minutes or less during the day. For many moms, naptime is sacrosanct, but I will gladly give up napping if I can get a good night's sleep. For a few days with minimal naps, he was sleeping better... and then he caught a cold and any progress was thrown out the window. As his cold gets better, he seems to be decreasing his naps again and I am getting up with him about 3-5 times each night with a wake up call around 7:00. I am hopeful that he will get back to better nighttime sleeping soon, though I have learned that a good night's sleep can never be counted on.

Up too early from a nap and too grouchy to be consoled, I put Degen into his room for a time-out. When I went back to check on him, I found him asleep on his super-soft monkey rug. He looked adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment