Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More Food for Thought

Here are a few yum-yum photos I wanted to share! This is a roasted portobello mushroom with red bell peppers and feta cheese. I put the mushrooms on toasted garlic buttered, wheat buns and topped with fresh spinach, tomato and french fried onion strips. Darren thought that the feta overwhelmed the portobello (and it did), but the feta was so creamy & tangy that I thought this was an absolutely delicious mushroom burger!

Here is the portobello mushroom. I love how golden brown the feta cheese got in the oven!


This is the completed burger!


This was a first for me: rice pudding! I combined two recipes to create a crock-pot version of this honey-orange rice pudding. The flavor was wonderful, but I overcooked it because I didn't realize that my crock-pot ran so hot, and I left it too long. I topped it with dried cranberries. The next morning, we had this for breakfast topped with pecans, cranberries and vanilla creamer.


No comments:

Post a Comment