Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, August 16, 2010

Snooze News

Here is sweet Degen sleeping in his crib. Now, he's been sleeping in his crib at night since he was about 8 months old, but this picture was taken during a nap. That's right, a nap! In the recent past, Degen napped in our bed while nursing and any attempt to move him resulted in immediate waking and screaming. But my little boy is growing up. I can now nurse him and then put him into his crib where he's napping longer than he ever has before!
I'm also happy to report that he's doing better sleeping at night, too. There have been more nights than I can count where I've been up 2,3,4,6 or more times. Progress that we'd made prior to the move was undone by a new environment, but recently, he's been up only once (or twice) and there have even been a few nights where he has slept the whole night through! More sleep makes for a happier mommy!
This picture is a very common one in our household lately. In the past month or so, Kyrie has come to our room in the middle of the night and asked to sleep in our bed more times than I can count. I usually grunt out my acquiescence from the depths of slumber. At some point, I will feel a little crowded and find my way to Kyrie's room and finish out the night in there. And when Degen wakes too early (and he always wakes too early for me), I'll bring him into Kyrie's bed to try and eke out a few more minutes of snooze.
These nights of musical beds are actually kind of nice! I think that must sound strange, but I really love sharing sleep with my family (we did co-sleep with both kids until they were 8 & 10 months respectively). I also love the option of multiple comfy beds to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment