Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kitchen Remodel VII


Well, the kitchen remodel took a big leap forward when we had the granite installed about 2 weeks ago. It was kind of the last big piece aside from our missing cabinet and crown moulding. I LOVE the granite! It just has a completely wonderful look to it. Darren (wisely) chose an ogee edge and it just gives the entire kitchen a finished look. I also have my new sink, and soon after these photos were taken it was hooked up with our new faucet. The large quantities of harvest from the garden had necessitated that I start canning using the plywood countertops and temporary sink (which all worked well), but it has been a joy to can on my new countertops, using my extra-deep sink. We were also able to replace and install the microwave oven since these photos were taken.






I think that we are getting very close to having this remodel completed. The carpenter will be here tomorrow afternoon to finish installing our last cabinet, put up the crown moulding and work on trim. The backsplash tile is in, too. Really, I think we have everything we need to finish the entire project except for a bag of grout, a few drawer pulls & outlet/switch plates and the guys to get it all done. I don't want to jinx us and say we just might be done this week, but I will say that I think that in the next two weeks it might all be finished (though that timeline does not include me moving everything back into the kitchen). It can be hard to believe that we have been at this since the end of April. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment