Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, July 8, 2012

At the Ol' Ballgame

The view from our seats- no zoom!

After the success of our family outing to the Blue Jackets' hockey game, we decided to plan a family night to attend a Columbus' Clippers' game at the new Huntington Park downtown. We bought tickets for a dime-a-dog night to stretch our family dollar a bit more. Unfortunately, the week before the game, Darren found out that he would have to fly to Chicago for a conference, so it would just be me & the kids. I was a little worried about heading downtown and into the crowds at the park by myself, but I figured that if I can handle Disney World by myself than a little, old trip to the ballpark shouldn't be a problem.

Kyrie & Degen enjoying their dime dogs!

The kids had fun with these during our tour of the stadium!



Kyrie showing off her purple cotton-candy tongue!

Because it was dime-a-dog night (yes, that means $.10 hotdogs), the stadium was pretty crowded, but we made it from the parking garage and to our seats without a stroller and without any issues. I sat the kids down with their drinks as the game started and went to get our dinner: hot dogs & nachos. Food mostly occupied the first few innings of the game, but I was also able to explain the basic rules of baseball to Kyrie. After a few innings, we walked around the stadium and bought some cotton candy before heading back to our seats. The rest of the game was fun, fun, fun!

Me with my purple cotton-candy tongue!

Degen doesn't like cotton candy, but he thought he would show us his tongue anyway.


My goofy girl!

With full bellies, we were able to sit back and really have fun at the game! The kids laughed as I whooped and hollered for the home team (who remained solidly in the lead throughout). We clapped, sang & danced to the music and cheered loudly during the hot dog race (Kyrie cheered for relish and I cheered for mustard: relish won). We compared our purple cotton-candy coated tongues and made it onto the jumbo-tron twice. I didn't want the night to end, but, soon after we sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch, we made our way out of the park. I got both kids dime-a-dog t-shirts to remember their first game, and they laughed, sang & ran nearly the entire way back to the parking garage (despite it being nearly 10).

Love this pic! A lady sitting next to us asked if I wanted her to take our picture because we looked so happy!


Kyrie showing off her new t-shirt!


Kyrie running back to the car.

We missed having Darren with us to share such a happy evening, but it is a great excuse for us to make it back to another ballgame soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment