Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, September 26, 2011

Put On A Happy Face


A few weeks ago (I'm a bit behind on my blogging) we worked on our Circus: Shapes & Colors unit for homeschool. Our fun snack for this unit was clown-faced cookie pops. I iced sugar cookies on a stick and the kids decorated them with an assortment of candies to make clown faces.


This was my first time making cookies on a stick, and I made a few mistakes. First, they were too big and second, they were too soft. These too big, too soft cookies when loaded with candy had a tendency to fall right off their sticks, but they were still very delicious!


Kyrie did a great job with this activity and made some really cute clown faces. Degen just had fun putting on as much candy as he could! When we were done, I let each kid choose a cookie pop to eat as a treat. Then we shared them with some friends and Kyrie's piano teacher.



A batch of our super-cute cookie pops!



No comments:

Post a Comment