Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, November 28, 2010

O Tannenbaum!

After a day of waiting, we were ready to decorate our Christmas tree! Darren and I worked together to put the tree up and then put on the lights. Years ago, Darren and I devised the perfect way to put the lights on our artificial tree (LOVE my fake tree): I lay on the floor and spin the tree in its base while Darren places the lights on the tree. Good luck trying that with a real tree!
Kyrie dug straight into the ornament box and started decorating as soon as we gave her the okay. Degen held a few ornaments and then decided that he'd have more fun with his toys (though he wanted to take ornaments off the tree later on- we had to put the baby fence around the tree to keep everything in its place). 
I love our Christmas tree because it is a memory tree! Many of our ornaments I made when I was a child. They have been joined by ornaments that I have made with our children. Other ornaments are ones that I have been putting on the family tree since I was a little girl. There are special ornaments that mark occasions such as our wedding and the births of our children. Added to these are the ornaments that we have collected on many of our vacations and trips. Our tree is decorated with memories, nostalgia & love!





 Kyrie made this beautiful Christmas star last year!

The Cobles are now ready for the holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! It looked like they enjoyed decorating the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete