Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Food for Thought

As you may have gathered from some of my previous posts, I really enjoy cooking for my family! I am not a very fancy cook, but I think I put together good tasting & healthy meals. As I grow older, I am gaining a greater appreciation for the beauty of the food I put on the table. I'm thankful that my kids are not overly picky eaters, but they definitely have their own (ever changing) opinions about what they will and won't eat. And, Darren, well, he's just happy to sit down at the table to something tasty that he didn't have to prepare. Here are some food photos that I couldn't resist sharing:

This is a Greek turkey burger. The patty has spinach & feta in it, but needed more salt. I put it on split pita bread with homemade hummus, spinach, tomato & red onion. The hummus really made this burger!
This is a lobster that I found on sale at the store: a rare treat. It was already cooked, and was either overdone or became so during the reheat. Not the best part of the meal (I should have taken a photo of the herbed tilapia filets I sauteed in butter instead- much more delicious), but it sure looked pretty in the pot.
 
 I do love fall cooking AND I love using my crock-pot! This is a meatball soup that I threw together. I actually did have a recipe that I was going to use, but after I went through it I decided that I wanted to go in a different direction and meatballs ended up being about the only ingredient both soups had in common. This was super-easy to throw together and tasted great!
 Kyrie LOVES Chinese food! It is probably her most requested food item (after candy). And she can't just eat it with a spoon, she has to use chopsticks like Mommy & Daddy. Here she is showing off her chopstick skills!
 Here is Degen enjoying every last bit of his breakfast cereal. It's Cocoa Krispies, so who can blame him?

No comments:

Post a Comment