Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Skiing


This was our second year heading up to Mad River for their Girl Scout Day. Last year, we hit the tubing hills, and this year the kids & Darren decided to hit the slopes. We started out on the bunny hill with Darren & I offering basic instructions and lending helping hands when the kids fell. There were some tears, but then they seemed to catch on and enjoy the experience. We had them take a ski course with Mad River instructors for good measure. By the afternoon, they were ready to hit some easy runs on the main hill. They went down at least a half-dozen times and really loved it. It has been a warm and somewhat short winter, so I do not think we will be able to get back out to ski again this year, but they are definitely looking forward to skiing more often next year. I am grateful that Darren now has two ski companions! 

(I stayed off the skis as I have become very aware that if I should injure myself, our family could have some major issues dealing with day-to-day life.... I have decided not to tempt fate.)







No comments:

Post a Comment