Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spa Birthday Party Cake


Here is Kyrie's birthday party cake. She had her party at a children's spa, so keeping with that theme, we decided on a nail polish bottle cake. At first, we wanted to make an upright polish bottle, but I couldn't find a cake box to accommodate the height (and didn't want to make my own box). So, I had to alter the plan and instead made the bottle spilled on its side. 

The biggest challenge for this cake was putting together the nail polish bottle. I was thinking that I would need to use some dowel roads to hold the cake together, but it came together quite easily with no worry that it would fall apart. To make the cake, I used a giant cupcake pan, a round pan and one cupcake. I cut one side from the giant cupcake so that the cake would lay on its side and then pieced together everything. The round cake had a strawberry filling. 

Overall, this cake was not that difficult. I took the process slowly and was pleased with how it turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment