Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 17, 2014

Jersey Cake


The theme for Degen's birthday party this year was sports. I had bought a t-shirt cake pan on clearance years ago and put it away to use. This was the perfect opportunity! I used 2 cake mixes (could have used one) and made the cake plus 14 cupcakes. Since the cake pan already had the shape, all I really had to do was decorate. I asked Degen the colors he wanted to use and piped on his name and a number 5 (for his fifth birthday). I added a few stripes and the cake was done- super-easy! The above photo shows a bit of my cake board. If I can, I like to add a little thematic flair to my cake boards. Using wrapping paper is always easy, and for this I just printed off some sports images and covered it all with waxed paper. We sent the cupcakes to German school for Degen to share with the other kids. Using the icing I already had in piping bags, I made a simple blue ribbon with a number 5. They turned out pretty cute for just a little effort! Unfortunately, during clean-up, 3 of my piping tips fell into the disposal and were smashed nearly beyond recognition- ugh! 


This was the cake at the party with these cute candles that I found! 

No comments:

Post a Comment