Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Monday, February 17, 2014

Homeschool: Polar Regions


This year, I added a new unit on the Polar Regions. I have about a thousand goals when I am planning for the year ahead and world geography is one of those goals. This unit focused on the animals, habitats and climate of the Arctic and Antarctic. This was a great first run, and I look forward to adding more books and activities to this unit next year. 

The kids enjoy making collages to decorate their unit folders.


This was a project that I found on Pinterest, which I need to be better at checking before each unit. The kids thought these were fun to put together!

This is something that I started doing with Degen last year. He knows his numbers and is starting with addition/subtraction skills, but we haven't covered how to write all the numbers yet. I have sheets of these sticker dots, and I will write all the numbers he will need (mixed-up) and he has to choose the right stickers to complete the worksheet. I have found this to be a great way for him to practice the number skills he is ready for even when he doesn't have the writing skills required. 


No comments:

Post a Comment