Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homeschool: New Year & Time


Okay, so I am going to try my best to post a little about each of our homeschool units this year. Our homeschool runs on a calendar year. We complete approximately 36 units, 3 per month. Our first unit is about the New Year (I also include Chinese New Year) and the concepts of time. This unit is always a great start to our year because it includes a holiday and allows us to look both forward & back. We cover the measurement of time and holidays, as well as the passing of time as we grow up and through experience. The photo above shows the books we read. 


Each unit, the kids make a folder to store their work. Sometimes I have a specific folder project for them to do and other units I let them decorate the folder as they wish. 


Kyrie is a Brownie Scout this year and working on some of her badges at home. This unit, she worked on her My Great Day badge, which focused on organization. She made this homework station as part of her badge work. She really enjoyed this, and I think that being able to incorporate her badge work with homeschool will be a great addition to our units! 


This was just one of Degen's activities. I had trouble getting a good picture, but the clock face is mounted onto a piece of split toilet paper tube so that he can wear the clock on his wrist. For pre-K, I want him to learn the time to "o'clock." 

No comments:

Post a Comment