Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trick-or-Treat

 
Halloween was a pretty dreary day around these parts. It was cold, cloudy & rainy all day long. I bundled the kiddos up as much as I could with 3-4 layers on both, including 2 pairs of socks. Our neighborhood is full of houses with large yards and houses set far apart andwell back from the street, so Darren & I decided that we would use the tractor & trailer to take them around. I jogged ahead, which was actually a good thing because it kept me warm and made me feel a bit better about the Halloween candy I had eaten (and would eat). I LOVE Halloween, and we had a great time going around to all the houses. The kids were real troopers, too! Kyrie didn't complain a bit, and Degen lasted almost the entire loop back to the house. Unfortunately, towards the end of it all the cold & wet got to him, and he was just done. When we made it home, and got out of our costumes & layers, I found that both kids had fingers & toes pink with cold, their socks & gloves soaked through. Thankfully, sorting through a haul of candy had them smiling & warm soon after!
 





Darren had me ride on his lap back to the house after our last trick-or-treat.

The kids inspecting their haul!


The candy winner: one of the houses rewarded trick-or-treaters who braved the weather and the distance of the houses with king size candy bars! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment