Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sew Cute!


Kyrie has gotten interested in sewing lately. Her interest began with the lacing cards we sometimes use during our homeschool lessons. Lately, she has gotten really good with the lacing and has had her eye on a bear kit that she got as a gift. I did not think that she was quite ready for the bear kit, so I found an easier sewing project that I had tucked away. (I have a couple drawerfuls of crafting projects that I have collected for the kids through the years.) She got a new set of lacing cards for her birthday, so I told her that if she completed all of them correctly then she could do the sewing project I had for her. Of course, she did all the lacing cards and excitedly started working on her sewing project (with Degen excitedly calling out "where's my project?"). It took her about a half hour to stitch all the way around the bunny and then she stuffed it, helped cut out the accent pieces and glued them on. It turned out very nicely, and she was proud of her work. Now, I will have to keep my eye out for more simple sewing kits like this...and some projects for Degen, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment