Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Thursday, May 20, 2010

This Momma's Alright!

I had my check-up yesterday, and I am healthy! Yippee! It was great to see my OB-GYN again after more than a year. She was excited to see Kyrie & Degen at my appointment. I am grateful for how understanding she was about the necessity of having both kids there with me, even telling me not to apologize for the situation . She gave me referrals for plastic surgeons whom I will need to help repair my diastasis in a few years (I will also need to have my umbilical hernia repaired).
I feel like the muscle separation has improved in the past year, but she was still able to fit three fingers in the space between the vertical abdominal muscles. If you're not sure what muscles I'm talking about: lay on your back and pull your shoulders up off the floor and feel for the muscles in the middle of your stomach (those 6-pack muscles). Normally, those muscles are together but because of the hernia I sustained while pregnant with Degen mine are separated. Many women have some sort of diastasis post-pregnancy, but most aren't very wide. The larger separation means that my entire core strength is weakened.
I feel very lucky to have such a kind & caring OB-GYN! Seeing her again almost makes me want to have another baby..... are YOU crazy?!?! Of course, I am kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment