Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick!

We've been dealing with a yucky virus since at least last Wednesday. It could be earlier than that because Degen was teething, and I first blamed everything on that. By Thursday afternoon, I knew that Degen was actually sick and a few hours later, Kyrie was sick, too. I started getting sick a few days ago. We've been dealing with fevers (Kyrie's peaked at 105), fatigue, coughing, fussiness, headaches, tummy aches, etc. We ended up passing along our virus to some of our playgroup friends, proof that Kyrie can share! So, it's been a week and I'd say that I'm sick & tired in a figurative sense, but it literally is true. My poor kids! Degen will just stop and lay down on the floor periodically.
I think that we've turned the corner, but nobody is feeling altogether well yet. After one of our friends was diagnosed with Croup, I called a nurse at our pediatrician's office. She said that Croup was just a body's reaction to a virus, so my kiddos didn't necessarily have it. We've been cooped up in the house for a long time, so I also asked how long a quarantine was necessary, and she said that as long as we've been fever-free for 24 hours, we can get out. Not that we really feel up to getting out, but Kyrie starts her next session of ballet and a new class at the rec center tomorrow. I think that I will give her some meds in the morning to help with any lingering symptoms and try to get us out of the house for a few hours. On Friday, Degen will have his well-baby check-up, and we'll talk to the doctor if the kids still aren't feeling well. (Not sure what I'll do if I'm still not feeling well!)
Yes, it just hasn't been a great couple of weeks for us overall. Last Friday evening, while I was at the grocery store (because I couldn't go during the day when the kids were sick) some shoplifters hit the back of our mini-van with their car while fleeing the scene. Then earlier this week, giant blocks of ice fell off our roof and dented the hood of the same vehicle pretty badly. Needless to say, we're pretty disappointed at our misfortune. I guess I'm still hoping that the shoplifters will get caught and have insurance to pay for that damage, but I don't know how likely that is. So, we are definitely feeling like we've had our share of it for the entire month... the entire year even!
Good news that Degen now has 8 teeth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment