Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wonka Party!


We had been reading Kyrie the classic book Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. The copy is actually a book that I read (& loved) as a child. She loved it, too, and I promised her that she could watch the movie(s) when we finished the book. I decided to surprise both kids with a Wonka party complete with golden tickets and candy. The golden tickets were easy to find and print, and after a bit of searching I found a good Wonka bar wrapper. I just wrapped these around regular Hershey's chocolate bars (wrapping on). Funnily, the kids kept referring to the chocolate bars as Wonka bars. The kids just loved the whole thing! They opened their bars and found their golden tickets inside. I put together a little candy tray with nerds, gobstoppers, gumdrops and Oompa-Loompas (eg. Sour Patch Kids) so they could snack while they watched the movie. 






The kids liked the original movie and later, I let them watch the remake. I spent time with Kyrie talking about the book vs. the movies. We compared & contrasted the details in all three. Kyrie declared that she thought the book was better than the movies- which seems a triumph for a parent! This was an overall easy & fun experience for the kids (& me). 


No comments:

Post a Comment