Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Ornaments 2012

 
As part of our homemade Christmas, I make Christmas ornaments with the kids every year. We give the ornaments to family & friends and keep one for our tree, too. This year, Kyrie made snowmen and Degen made Christmas bells. As the kids get older, I try to find ornaments that have multiple steps that the kids can do on their own or mostly on their own. I got the idea for the snowmen from Pinterest. Kyrie painted the sticks, glued buttons and wrapped pipe cleaners to make her snowmen.
 

 
Degen's Christmas bells were inspired by an ornament that I made when I was in preschool. He painted the bells and put on Christmas stickers. Kyrie strung the bells on pipe cleaners to help him with his project. The last picture is the original bell that I made, which is about 30 years old now. I love this little bell and it makes its way on the tree every year. Though this year, I had to make a small repair and reglue the Santa picture.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment