Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kitchen Remodel IX

 
Well, after quite a few weeks with not a whole lot of progress on the kitchen, we are finally... possibly... maybe getting to the end of this project. Even while posting these photos, I can glance at the kitchen and it looks very different from the photos here, but first things first.
We got the broken piece of granite replaced. The granite installors also fixed a few seams and things and it looks a lot better than it did before. These photos mostly show the addition of the crown moulding on the upper cabinets. It is a very nice finishing touch and gives the kitchen a really great look.
The biggest change we have is the backsplash. I only have one corner to show you in this post, and though it is a big change from the plain walls we have been looking at for weeks, we loved it almost immediately. It just looks great! In my next kitchen post, I will be able to show you the completed backsplash and our hardware (pulls & knobs). Really, we are down to a lot of little details and could be finished up any day now. Darren & I are more than delighted with our new kitchen. I can't wait for it all to be completed so that I can get everything out of the boxes in the basement and organized.
 


The kitchenette with the new beverage fridge!
 
Our magnetic wall. Because I lost the magnetic side of the refrigerator to a can cupboard, our contractor made this into a magnetic wall where we could hang the kids' art.

Detail work on the crown moulding.

The backsplash!

No comments:

Post a Comment