Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pretzel Hugs


Wondering what to do with our excess of Christmas candy, I turned to my new mini-love Pinterest! For those of you who do not know Pinterest is an on-line community of "bulletin boards." Bulletin boards are filled with pins, which are photos (hyperlinks) about just about anything you can think of: photos, books, crafts, recipes, etcetera. If ever I find a few free moments in my day it is a nice place to browse for all sorts of ideas and distractions.




I found several variations of this snack on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun activity to do with the kids and use up some of our Christmas candy. We made these for New Year's Eve, and the kids took their tasks pretty seriously. Their main job was to unwrap, but not eat the candy. They also helped fill the trays with pretzels and placed one piece of candy on each pretzel. Then I popped the trays into a 300 degree oven for 2 minutes, let them sit for 1 minute and topped with another pretzel. After they cooled, we all ate a few too many of this yummy salty & sweet combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment