Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kids at the Park

 
These are just a few pics of the kids that I took at a park. We have a had a good (& busy) fall- I am always amazed at how quickly we pass from season to season when I know good & well that when I was a kid an hour took forever to pass by. We are official homeschoolers this year, and everything is going well. I have to keep a really tight schedule so that we have enough time each day to get to lessons and our regular activities (plus find time to keep the house clean and prepare meals). I took Kyrie up to the local elementary school last week for some standardized testing. Everyone at the school was really nice, and she did well. We continue to work on phonics skills and sight words. She has really improved her counting, which was a little lacking even though she has been awesome with addition, subtraction and multiplication.
 
 
Degen is working on cutting and basic skills like counting, shapes & colors. I work with him while Kyrie does her independent work. This boy can be an absolute mess. He mostly thinks that he is the boss of things, and when you reprimand him he will either break down into tears or turn right around and try to reprimand you back. Thankfully, his big personality has not been an issue for his teachers & coaches. I have talked to a few other moms who have the girl-boy combo and say that they have experienced the same thing.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment